2014 in Review: Your 10 Favorite RR Posts This Year
|Best of RR, 2014 Edition|
1. Stop Seat Racing: The Future of Crew Selection
Virginia Men's Rowing head coach Frank Biller's take on how best to select your crew, given the increasing level of data available to coaches and athletes.
2. Head of the Charles Banter: Can We Talk about how Badass This Year's 'Great Eights' Are?
Apparently, we weren't the only ones excited about the increased number (and level of badassedness) of the men's and women's Great Eights at the Head of the Charles in 2014.
3. So, are Naked Rowing Calendars a Thing Now?
If the level of success that this post has had is any measure, then the answer is yes. What's next? Naked regattas?
4. IRA and ACRA Rowing: Crews to Watch in 2014
Is there anything more fun than throwing a few picks and predictions out there in the preseason, just to make things interesting? Answer: No.
5. A Rower's Holiday Gift Guide, with Jack Carlson of Rowing Blazers
You gotta admit—the guy has got style.
6. No Fade for the Kiwis: Even-Splitting is the New Black
Punny title aside, Rowing New Zealand is redefining the international racing profile, with an approach that is fast from start (to middle) to finish.
7. Video Of The Week: Smooth Sculling with the Sinkovic Brothers
Who wouldn't want to watch a video of the fastest double, ever?
8. NCAA Division I Rowing: The RR Preseason Top 20 in 2014
An early (March) look at the NCAA field—the end of the championship rowing season saw two of our top three on the podium.
9. Video Clips from the U.S. National Team Training Camp in Chula Vista
An early look at last year's USRowing squad from their January training camp, thanks to Curtis Jordan.
10. Video Of The Week: 'You Only YOLO Once,' with the Australian LM4x
We admit it—based on the quality of this video, we kind of hope these guys find a way to YOLO again.
Thanks very much to the rowing community, online and off, for another great year, from all of us at RowingRelated. Here's to 2015!